- About Us
- Embassy of Greece in Washington DC
- Consulate General in San Francisco
- Consulate General in Boston
- Consulate General in Los Angeles
- Consulate General in New York
- Consulate General in Chicago
- Consulate General in Tampa
- Consulate in Atlanta
- Consulate in Houston
- About Greece
- Greece and the USA
- An Amazing Culture
To celebrate the 2500 years from the battle of Marathon, which was the inspiration behind today’s Marathon race, the Consulate General of Greece together with Greek American Organizations ran a booth at the Dodger’s Stadium demonstrating photos, videos and printed material depicting the historic course from the run of Pheidippides to the revival of the Marathon race during the 1rst Olympic Games and from the victory of Spyros Louis to the Greek –American runner Stylianos Kyriakides and today’s Marathon.
The famous Marathon runner joined us to sign autographs for his fans. It was a great opportunity to advertise Greece’s Marathon race, which takes place every year in the classic ancient route.