- The Permanent Mission
- Greece in the U.N.
Permanent Mission of Greece to the United Nations
Permanent Mission of Greece to the U.N.
Welcome to the website of the Permanent Mission of Greece to the United Nations.
This website represents an effort to introduce you to some of the basic principles that guide Greece's presense within the Organisation. We sincerely hope you will find it useful. For any additional information you may contact the Mission. For further information regarding Greece you may contact our Embassy in Washington or the Greek Consulate General in New York.
- A new Rule of Law initiative by EPLO successfully launched
- UN General Assembly Third Committee adopts by consensus the Resolution on the “Safety of Journalists and the Issue of Impunity” tabled by Greece.
- Driver Job Opening
- Statement of the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Nikos Dendias, to the Athens daily ‘Proto Thema’ regarding High-Level week of the 74th UN General Assembly in New York (1 October 2019)
- Statement of the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Nikos Dendias, on presence of Greek Delegation, under Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis, at proceedings of high-level week of 74th UN General Assembly
- Joint Statement following the Trilateral Meeting of the Ministers for Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Cyprus, the Arab Republic of Egypt and the Hellenic Republic (27 September 2019, New York)
- Minister of Foreign Affairs Nikos Dendias to participate in the proceedings of the High-Level Week of the 74th Session of the UN General Assembly (New York, 21 to 27 September 2019)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs announcement on the recognition of J. Guaido as President a.i. of Venezuela
- Opening of US-Greece Strategic Dialogue in Washington (13-14/12/2018) and Meetings of Alternate Minister of Foreign Affairs, Giorgos Katrougalos, at the UN Headquarters (12/12/2018)
- Minister of Foreign Affairs, N. Kotzias, to participate in the proceedings of the 73rd Session of the UN General Assembly (New York City, 23-28 September 2018)
- Αnnouncement on the recent catastrophic wildfires in Attica
- Election of the Greek candidate Professor of International Law Photini Pazartzis to the Human Rights Committee with 98 votes of Member States of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights
- Visit of the US ARMY WAR COLLEGE to the Permanent Mission of Greece to the UN
- Panel Discussion “Dangerous Assignments: Safety of Women Journalists”, co-organized by the Permanent Missions of France, Lithuania and Greece to the United Nations
- Francophonie Meeting at the Permanent Mission of Greece to the UN to introduce the candidate of Greece to the UN Human Rights Committee, Mrs Photini Pazartzis
- Address by Permanent representative Ambassador Theofili on the occation of the International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists.
- Address by Minister of Foreign Affairs, Nikos Kotzias, at the 72nd UNGA (New York, 22.09.2017)
- Minister of Foreign Affairs N. Kotzias' statement following his meeting with the Secretary-General of the United Nations, A. Guterres (New York, 17.09.2017)
- Minister of Foreign Affairs, N. Kotzias, to participate in the proceedings of the 72nd Session of the UN General Assembly (New York City, 18-22 September 2017)
- Foreign Minister N. Kotzias speech to the Hellenic Parliament on the developments in the Cyprus issue (11 June 2017)