- Embassy of Greece in London
- About Greece
- Greece and the United Kingdom
- Services for Citizens
Registration (Birth, Marriage, Divorce, Death)
1. The process of registration commences by declaration of the birth certificate at the Registration section of the Consular Office, thereafter the birth is entered into the Special Registry Office Athens whereupon the process of registration is completed by transference of the details of birth within the family record of the Municipality where the Greek citizen’s family record is registered.
2. Alternatively, citizens may register the certificate directly with the Special Registry Office in Athens (this does not apply for the registration of births concerning unmarried parents where the father is Greek and the mother is not Greek) or authorize a third party to act on their behalf by means of a notarized power of attorney.
3. The Consular Office in London can register only the births, marriages and deaths that took place in the UK. If the above occurred in another country, you must contact the Greek Consular Authorities in the respective country of the Special Registry in Athens.
Issuance of Marriage License
Declaration of a Marriage solemnized in the United Kingdom
Civil Marriage Ceremony solemnized at the Consular Office of the Embassy of Greece in London
Declaration of birth
Act determining the age of an unregistered minor or adult
Declaration of death
Repatriation of the body of the deceased to Greece