- The Permanent Mission
- Greece in the U.N.
Permanent Mission of Greece to the United Nations
Permanent Mission of Greece to the U.N.
Welcome to the website of the Permanent Mission of Greece to the United Nations.
This website represents an effort to introduce you to some of the basic principles that guide Greece's presense within the Organisation. We sincerely hope you will find it useful. For any additional information you may contact the Mission. For further information regarding Greece you may contact our Embassy in Washington or the Greek Consulate General in New York.
- UN General Assembly adopts Resolution on "Return or Restitution of Cultural Property to the Countries of Origin"/ Statement by Dr Catherine Boura, Permanent Representative of Greece to the UN (9.12.15)
- Global awareness of the tragedies of irregular migrants in the Mediterranean basin with specific emphasis on Syrian asylum seekers
- UN General Assembly adopts Resolution on “The Safety of Journalists and the Issue of Impunity” (New York, 23 November 2015)
- Statement from the headquarters of the Hellenic Coastguard. Denial of claims in articles and audiovisual material
- Side event on the occasion of the International Day to End Impunity for Crimes Against Journalists, Νew York, 2.11.2015: Intervention by the Permanent Representative of Greece, Ambassador Catherine Boura
- Event celebrating International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalist (02 November 2015)
- Statement by Greece in the UN General Assembly on the occasion of the adoption of resolution "Building a peaceful and better world through sport and the Olympic ideal" , 26.10.2015
- Security Council Open Debate on "Women, Peace and Security" (13-14.10.2015), Statement by Ambassador Dr. Catherine Boura, Permanent Representative of Greece to the United Nations
- 18th Plenary Session of the Contact Group on Piracy off the Coast of Somalia (CGPCS) New York, 7- 8 July 2015
- Notification for Tourists
- Foreign Minister Kotzias’ statement on the 70th anniversary of the signing of the UN Charter
- UN Security Council Open Debate on "Children and Armed Conflict" (18.6.2015)/Statement of Greece
- 8th Conference of States Parties to the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities: National statement of Greece
- UN International Peacekeepers Day (29 May)
- Security Council Open Debate "The protection of journalists in conflict situations" (27.5.2015), Statement by Ambassador Dr. Catherine Boura
- Seventieth anniversary of the end of the Second World War: Special solemn meeting of the GA in commemoration of all victims of the Second World War
- 2015 Non Proliferation Treaty Review Conference - - Statement by Ambassador Dr. C. Boura
- Οpen debate in the Security Council on "the victims of attacks and abuses on ethnic or religious grounds in the Middle East”- Statement by Ambassador C. Boura (27.03.2015)
- ID with the Commission of Inquiry on Syria, Intervention by Greece
- 59th Session of the Commission on the Status of Women General Discussion