- The Ministry
- Mission and Competences
- Crisis Management Unit
- Diplomatic Academy
- The Directorate General of International Development Cooperation-Hellenic Aid
- Diplomatic and Historical Archives
- Special Legal Department – Responsibilities – Structure
- Centre for Analysis and Planning
- Office for Promotion of Greek Nominations in International and Supranational Organizations
- Supervised Organisations
- International Conventions
- Foreign Policy
- Greece’s Bilateral Relations
- Foreign Policy Issues
- Regional Policy
- Greece in the EU
- Greece in International Organizations
- Global Issues
- Parliament and Foreign Policy
- National Council on Foreign Policy
- Current Affairs
- Citizen Services
- Services for Enterprises
- Career Opportunities
Announcement of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on the strong demarche made to Turkey, at the Secretary General level, regarding a dangerous incident in the Imia area
The Secretary General of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ambassador Dimitrios Paraskevopoulos, made a strong demarche today to his Turkish counterpart, regarding yesterday’s incident involving the ramming of a Hellenic Coast Guard open sea vessel by a Turkish patrol boat.
Furthermore, the Director General for Political Affairs summoned Turkey’s Ambassador in Athens to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Dangerous incidents such as these, which place human lives at risk, are the result of the escalating and provocative conduct that Turkey has increasingly exhibited in recent days.
Turkey must stop violating international law and refrain from acts that do not contribute to the development of relations between the two countries. Such acts undermine regional security and stability, which Greece upholds and will continue to do so.