- The Ministry
- Mission and Competences
- Crisis Management Unit
- Diplomatic Academy
- The Directorate General of International Development Cooperation-Hellenic Aid
- Diplomatic and Historical Archives
- Special Legal Department – Responsibilities – Structure
- Centre for Analysis and Planning
- Office for Promotion of Greek Nominations in International and Supranational Organizations
- Supervised Organisations
- International Conventions
- Foreign Policy
- Greece’s Bilateral Relations
- Foreign Policy Issues
- Regional Policy
- Greece in the EU
- Greece in International Organizations
- Global Issues
- Parliament and Foreign Policy
- National Council on Foreign Policy
- Current Affairs
- Citizen Services
- Services for Enterprises
- Career Opportunities
Ministry of Foreign Affairs announcement on the decision of Kykkos Monastery to grant a plot of land adjacent to the Monastery for construction of a Greek Embassy and Ambassadorial Residence
Greece expresses its gratitude to the Metropolitan of Kykkos and Tillyria, Nikiphoros, who, irrespective of court proceedings and based on his love for the motherland, decided to proceed to the renewed granting of a plot of land adjacent to the monastery for construction of a Greek Embassy and Ambassadorial residence.
In 2012, the plot of land in question was included in the Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund (HRADF) to be put up for sale, in violation of a clause in the agreement by which the Monastery had originally granted the plot of land for the given purpose.
We also welcome the Monastery’s decision to support the realisation of this important project by contributing a significant sum of money.
The love of and devotion to Greece shown by the Most Reverend Metropolitan of Kykkos and Tillyria, Nikiphoros, and the Monastery he leads are tokens of patriotism and solicitude for the interests and prosperity of global Hellenism.