- The Ministry
- Mission and Competences
- Crisis Management Unit
- Diplomatic Academy
- The Directorate General of International Development Cooperation-Hellenic Aid
- Diplomatic and Historical Archives
- Special Legal Department – Responsibilities – Structure
- Centre for Analysis and Planning
- Office for Promotion of Greek Nominations in International and Supranational Organizations
- Supervised Organisations
- International Conventions
- Foreign Policy
- Greece’s Bilateral Relations
- Foreign Policy Issues
- Regional Policy
- Greece in the EU
- Greece in International Organizations
- Global Issues
- Parliament and Foreign Policy
- National Council on Foreign Policy
- Current Affairs
- Citizen Services
- Services for Enterprises
- Career Opportunities
Ministry of Foreign Affairs announcement regarding developments in Syria
Greece unequivocally condemns the use of chemical weapons and supports the efforts to eradicate them.
The international community must thoroughly investigate every relevant incident and perpetrators must be held accountable.
At the same time, the international community must remain focused on finding a political and sustainable solution in Syria; a solution that will end the war and restore peace in the country and the region, that will allow for the return of millions of refugees to their homes, and that will protect the whole population, including all religious and cultural communities.
In this direction, everyone must contribute directly toward the de-escalation of the situation and the strengthening of efforts to reach a ceasefire. What is more, access to humanitarian aid for battered populations must be assured.
Diplomacy must return to centre stage, and the efforts within the framework of the UN must be continued.