- The Ministry
- The Minister
- The Alternate Foreign Minister for Foreign Affairs
- The Deputy Ministers
- The Secretary General
- The Secretary General for European Affairs
- The Secretary General for International Economic Relations
- Special Secretary for Religious and Cultural Diplomacy
- Mission and Competences
- Crisis Management Unit
- Diplomatic Academy
- The Directorate General of International Development Cooperation-Hellenic Aid
- Diplomatic and Historical Archives
- Special Legal Department – Responsibilities – Structure
- Centre for Analysis and Planning
- Office for Promotion of Greek Nominations in International and Supranational Organizations
- Supervised Organisations
- International Conventions
- Foreign Policy
- Greece’s Bilateral Relations
- Foreign Policy Issues
- Regional Policy
- Greece in the EU
- Greece in International Organizations
- Global Issues
- Parliament and Foreign Policy
- National Council on Foreign Policy
- Current Affairs
- Citizen Services
- Services for Enterprises
- Career Opportunities
Address of Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ioannis Amanatidis, at the inauguration of the new Athens offices of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) (Athens, 7 June 2018)
Your Excellencies Ambassadors,
Ladies and Gentlemen,
The vast humanitarian work of the Red Cross goes beyond the numbers of the millions of people who have turned to and continue to seek the aid of the Red Cross as a lifeboat for themselves and their families.
The symbol of the Red Cross is recognized by everyone as the symbol of humanitarianism and charity, of hope and of faith in the great assistance given to people in need.
The fundamental principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement – specifically, humanitarianism, impartiality, neutrality, independence, volunteerism, unity and globalism – are widely recognized in our country and are respected by all of us.
Our many years of collaboration have been underscored in recent events at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs – this past November, on the occasion of the 40th anniversary of the Geneva Protocols – and at Zappeion Hall, where we celebrated World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day in May 2017.
The activities of the International Committee of the Red Cross here in Greece have helped us greatly during the difficult time of the refugee and migration crisis. I express my wholehearted appreciation for the ICRC’s humanitarian role throughout the world.
Thank you very much.”