- The Ministry
- Mission and Competences
- Crisis Management Unit
- Diplomatic Academy
- The Directorate General of International Development Cooperation-Hellenic Aid
- Diplomatic and Historical Archives
- Special Legal Department – Responsibilities – Structure
- Centre for Analysis and Planning
- Office for Promotion of Greek Nominations in International and Supranational Organizations
- Supervised Organisations
- International Conventions
- Foreign Policy
- Greece’s Bilateral Relations
- Foreign Policy Issues
- Regional Policy
- Greece in the EU
- Greece in International Organizations
- Global Issues
- Parliament and Foreign Policy
- National Council on Foreign Policy
- Current Affairs
- Citizen Services
- Services for Enterprises
- Career Opportunities
Ministry of Foreign Affairs announcement on 19th anniversary of the passing of Giannos Kranidiotis
Today, nineteen years after the tragic loss of Giannos Kranidiotis, we honour the memory of a distinguished diplomat, politician, and academic. A beloved politician whose contribution and work were of critical importance to the Greek people.
The legacy of the late Giannos remains alive even today.
A leading proponent for forging Cyprus’ European perspective, with his initiatives as well as his methodical and tireless efforts, he sealed the Republic of Cyprus’ accession to the European Union.
At the present critical junction for the Cyprus issue, faithful to Giannos Kranidiotis’ vision for a reunited Cyprus, we remain committed to the need for reaching a just and viable solution on the basis of the UN resolutions. A decision that will free Cyprus of occupying forces and “rights” of intervention.