- The Ministry
- The Minister
- The Alternate Foreign Minister for European Affairs
- The Deputy Ministers
- The Secretary General
- The Secretary General for International Economic Relations
- Deputy Secretary General for International Economic Relations
- Special Secretary for Religious and Cultural Diplomacy
- Mission and Competences
- Crisis Management Unit
- Diplomatic Academy
- The Directorate General of International Development Cooperation-Hellenic Aid
- Diplomatic and Historical Archives
- Centre for Analysis and Planning
- Office for Promotion of Greek Nominations in International and Supranational Organizations
- Supervised Organisations
- International Conventions
- Foreign Policy
- Greece’s Bilateral Relations
- Foreign Policy Issues
- Regional Policy
- Greece in the EU
- Greece in International Organizations
- Global Issues
- Parliament and Foreign Policy
- National Council on Foreign Policy
- Current Affairs
- Citizen Services
- Services for Enterprises
- Career Opportunities
Deputy Foreign Minister Amanatidis' address at the commemoration of 15 July 2016 (Turkish Embassy, Athens)
Dear Ambassador of the Republic of Turkey,
Ladies and Gentlemen,
I am here on behalf of the Greek government to honour the memory of the victims of the attempted coup of 15 July 2016. Our thoughts and prayers continue to go out to the families of those who died or were wounded in the tragic events that, a year ago, indelibly marked the history of modern Turkey.
Greece was among the first countries to firmly condemn the attempted coup and offer the Turkish people and their government its unwavering support in their struggle to defend constitutional order and democracy. We continue today to be at your side, in full solidarity. It is well known, after all, that coups have brought great suffering to our country.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
We have always been firmly committed to a stable and democratic Turkey with whom we will continue to work closely, not only to further improve our bilateral relations, but also to promote peace, stability and prosperity in our wider region, and to combat terrorism.
It is our firm belief that actions speak louder than words, and in this spirit we extend a sincere hand of friendship and cooperation between our peoples. In a time rife with challenges, we firmly support the course of Turkey's process of accession to the EU, as well as the efforts to accelerate the pace of reforms and democratization.
Once again, I express sincere condolences for the victims and the destruction caused by the failed coup attempt, together with my best wishes for a brighter future to the benefit of the Turkish people.