- The Ministry
- Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Alternate Minister of Foreign Affairs
- The Deputy Ministers
- The Secretary General
- The Secretary General for International Economic Affairs
- The Secretary General for Greeks Abroad and Public Diplomacy
- Mission and Competences
- Crisis Management Unit
- Diplomatic Academy
- The Directorate General of International Development Cooperation-Hellenic Aid
- Diplomatic and Historical Archives
- Special Legal Department – Responsibilities – Structure
- Centre for Analysis and Planning
- Office for Promotion of Greek Nominations in International and Supranational Organizations
- Supervised Organisations
- International Conventions
- Foreign Policy
- Greece’s Bilateral Relations
- Foreign Policy Issues
- Regional Policy
- Greece in the EU
- Greece in International Organizations
- Global Issues
- Parliament and Foreign Policy
- National Council on Foreign Policy
- Current Affairs
- Citizen Services
- Services for Enterprises
- Career Opportunities
Statement by the Minister of Foreign Affairs Nikos Dendias, following his meeting with the Foreign Minister of Turkey, Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu (Athens, 31.05.2021)
“Today I had the opportunity to discuss with my friend and counterpart, Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu, all the issues concerning our bilateral relations, but also the EU-Turkey relations.
We are fully aware that we and Turkey each hold different and, in several crucial issues, diametrically opposite positions.
The purpose of our meeting today was to initially attempt to establish common ground and then, if possible, to proceed with the gradual normalization of the situation in the longer term.
In this context we have agreed on a limited list of economic cooperation programs. We have also agreed on the mutual recognition of COVID-19 certificates, so that citizens who are vaccinated or tested negative will be able to visit our countries, something that is expected to boost our tourism industries.
Today’s meeting also gave us the opportunity to agree on a meeting between Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis and President Erdogan on the sidelines of the NATO Summit.
With these words, dear Mevlüt, allow me to welcome you in Athens, but also congratulate you on Anadolou Efes winning the EuroLeague title yesterday. I extend warm congratulations.”